Re: Request advice on a package for Aladdin eToken (TM) support

Andreas Barth schreef:
* Dennis van Dok (dennisvd@nikhef.nl) [070609 01:40]:
I've made a package for supporting the Aladdin eToken PRO smartcard.

I think it is a very good idea to make a package to make using this
device easier, but: I doubt it is a good idea to just bundle all of the
different source packages together. For example, we have opensc 0.11.2
already in Debian. Of course, it might end up that there is one package
where you need a very specific version, but in the general case,
"Depends" should be enough. (And, BTW, once this is done I'm interessted
in sponsoring it.)

I agree completely, but there is a catch. We had some trouble getting the stuff to work at all; it turned out to boil down to this exact mix of versions. But that is not the only thing.

- An openssl patch to create short-lived grid proxies allows a HH:MM specification for the validity.
- An engine_pkcs11 patch allows PINs longer than 12 characters
- A Debian specific patch for libltdl seems to cause an error with pkcs11-tool.

I didn't install the full packages, just the minimal set of files needed. And everything in /opt/etoken-pro as the package is not currently in Debian.

I would be willing to give it a try, I mean repackaging with just the Depends: on the needed packages. The openssl patch I'll keep, though.

I'm not sure where to start. Should I set up a chroot and debootstrap Debian unstable, to see if something works with the packages already there?

Regards,

Dennis
--
D.H. van Dok :: Software Engineer :: www.nikhef.nl :: www.vl-e.nl