Re: RFS: openjpeg

Le mercredi 28 mars 2007 14:44, Paul TBBle Hampson a écrit :
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 01:31:42PM +0200, Romain Beauxis wrote:
> > Le mercredi 28 mars 2007 12:46, Paul TBBle Hampson a écrit :
> >> OK, I've uploaded a new version, with changelog as follows:
> >
> >       Hi Paul !
> > Would you please post a link to it for such a lazy guy as me :)
>
> Ooops.
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/o/openjpeg

The package looks quite ok now..
You have done a great job in the copyright file, and all seems ok as for the
required things. I can then consider uploading it.

However, I see you have made significant changes to the makefile system, in
order to create a shared object with the correct name and to link dynamically
the utilities to the shared library, great !
But, I would advise to put this as patch, and not let it stay into the
diff.gz. There are several reasons for that:
* Upgrading the package to new upstream release will be much more easy, and if
the patch fails you'll see where etc..
* Any other user/DD may then see precisly what changes you are doing to
upstream sources. You will also be able to seperate the changes that perform
a different task.
* You may submit the final patch upstream..

In your precise case, I would strongly suggest sumbiting this to upstream
since it corrects two facts that are very important (shared object name) and
important (linking utilities to shared objects).

If only upstream would be using any suitable configure tool :)

Then it is also a good training for a new packager to add patch support to
debian/rules. I don't think it will be very difficult for you..

Sorry to ask for many corrections, but I feel important that this package, and
others, have a good shape before upload..

Romain