Re: odd response from lintian

Michael Rasmussen <mir@datanom.net> writes:

> Hi mentors,

> Running lintian on one of my packages gives this response:
> W: gnome-mplayer: menu-icon-missing /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome_mplayer.xpm
> N:
> N:   This icon file couldn't be found in the standard icon locations
> within N:   the package (/usr/X11R6/include/X11/pixmaps and
> N:   /usr/X11R6/include/X11/bitmaps). N:
> N:   If the icon is in a dependent package then this warning can be
> N:   ignored, since currently lintian cannot check icons in other
> packages. N:

This is a bug in lintian.  It should be requiring the /usr/share/pixmaps
path now for unqualified icon pathnames.

However, that doesn't explain why you're getting that message, since
lintian does check in /usr/share/pixmaps (even though the long description
of the tag is wrong).  Are you sure the icon is present in that directory?