Re: RFS: guilt - quilt for git; similar to Mercurial queues

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 03:08:17PM -0800, Brandon Philips wrote:
> Hello mentors-
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "guilt".  The package works
> but I still need to write man pages.

  I'm very interested to sponsor that.

> * Package name    : guilt
>   Version         : 0.20-1
>   Upstream Author : Josef "Jeff" Sipek <jsipek@cs.sunysb.edu>
> * URL             : http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jsipek/guilt/
> * License         : GPLv2
>   Programming Lang: Bash
>   Section         : devel
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> guilt      - quilt for git; similar to Mercurial queues

  Some remarks:
  * I usually dislike to patch upstream in the .diff.gz and prefers
    debian/patches/ to be used.
    + There is various patches in Documentation/* that I do not fully
      understand, even if I suspect it's just a missing $(MAKE) clean
      call.
    + Your Makefiles patches are disputable, but the upstream build
      system indeed seems to be quite inconsistent. So I think this will
      be okay.

  * your debian/copyright is not complete, it misses one copyright
    statement for one of the guild-* commands, and do not report the
    documentation copyright. You can take [0] as very good examples of
    debian/copyright files.

  So please fix the latter that is a blocker for any sponsoring to take
place :) You can contact me directly on my @debian.org address, or on
IRC (on #debian-mentors/#debian-devel/...@OFTC).

  Cheers,

  [0] http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/c/clucene-core/current/copyright