Re: RFS: isomaster

* David Johnson <dj@david-web.co.uk> [070317 12:54]:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "isomaster".
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/i/isomaster/isomaster_0.8-1.dsc

* Your .orig.tar.gz is repackaged without reason. While upstream is .bz2
 and not .gz you can just uncompress it and recompress it with gzip so
 at least the underlying .tar is the same and can be easily checked to be
 unchanged.

* Your diff includes:
 -"ISO Master and bkisofs are distributed under the GNU General Public Licence\n"
 -"version 2, please see LICENCE.TXT for the complete text\n";
 +"ISO Master and bkisofs are distributed under the GNU General Public Licence version 2,\n"
 +"on Debian systems please see /usr/share/apps/LICENSES/GPL_V2 for the complete text\n";

 I guess you mean /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2?
 I have no /usr/share/apps/LICENSES here.

* You do compile without -g
  I suggest you add a CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS)" do your invocation of the
  Makefile. (though that will need a little change in the Makefile,
  as that changes CFLAGS instead as the Makefile is buggy, you will
  most likely need it before $(MAKE) and not after it)
  Given your current debian/rules makes it compile with -O2 which
  seems to cause some compiler error, which might need some looking
  at. (I guess removing that strange strdup prototype should suffice)

* your .diff.gz has CREDITS TODO LICENSE and README (which look like copies
  of the same with .TXT from the .orig.tar). Why did you place them
  there?

there are more likely more issues, that are just the first things I
looked at.

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
"Never contain programs so few bugs, as when no debugging tools are available!"
	Niklaus Wirth