Re: VMware Player packages

Hi!

 HK> After repeatedly seeing interest in VMware Player packages for
 HK> Debian I decided to post my work on packaging VMware Player. It
 HK> should work fine on sarge and sid. Currently only i386 is
 HK> supported, support for x86-64 is on my TODO list.

That was supposed to read *etch* and sid. Just that nobody gets the
wrong idea... ;-)

You'd probably like to join efforts with Marc Haber who maintains
vmware-package package in experimental :)

Sure. I wasn't aware of that package. AFAICS that package handles only
the VMware kernel modules right now. It could probably merged with the
VMware Player parts of my package. I am not sure though that the
vmware-any-any patch it is based upon buys us anything at least for
the modules shipped with VMware Player. The VMware Player modules as
packaged by me seem to work just fine with the stock 2.6.18 kernels of
etch/sid.

Best regards,

Hans