Re: Roundcube

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 07:12:42PM +0100, Romain Beauxis wrote:
> Le dimanche 25 f?vrier 2007 14:45, Jos? Luis Tall?n a ?crit?:
> > I, for one, have kept and maintain my own Roundcube packages since Feb
> > 2005. However, being "beta" software, and considering that it needs a quite
> > robust dbconfig-common infrastructure to auto-configure it if packaging
> > properly, I prefered to wait a bit.
> >
> > The fact that Neil posted an ITP also kept me away from posting my
> > packages.
> >
> > Let's see what happens in the next few days. I can also 'dive in' and
> > provide some patches :-)
>
> I am also interested in packaging this application.
> I have proposed to create a team with the current ITP owner, an waiting for
> his answer..

I am interested in seeing this packaged :-)

Disclaimer: I am not a DD and have never intended to package anything.
	    Maybe someday, but for now I largely watch this list to see
	    what's coming down the pike.

I used the deb-src line Vincent provided to build a package I am now using.
(My wife was seriously annoyed with SquirrelMail.) My experience with it
has been mostly good, though I had to up the memory limit in the php.ini
and I am getting errors discussed on the roundcube mailing lists here
<http://www.mail-archive.com/users@lists.roundcube.net/msg00626.html> and
here <http://lists.roundcube.net/mail-archive/roundcube.dev/2006/07/87/>. I
also had to change the various default mailbox names to be prefixed with
INBOX. since I am using courier-imap.

Other than that, I'm very happy with it. If someone is willing to maintain
it, that package is a fine start.

> Romain
--Greg