Building docbook manpages (Re: RFS: crotch)

Le Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 11:00:48PM +0000, Paul Cager a écrit :

> I thought docbook2man (or docbook-to-man) would be the best way to do
> it, but it can't handle the XML produced by doclifter (it only really
> works for SGML). xmlto works, though:
>    xmlto man thing.1.xml

xsltproc does also the job... I frequently have that kind of things in
my debian/rules...

xsltproc -o debian/ -''-nonet /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/manpages/docbook.xsl debian/themanpage.1.xml

Actually, maybe this is just what xmlto does. Using xmlto would
therefore protect me from changes in the layout of the directories
containing xsl pages. I think I will switch to xmlto.

Any opinion on this ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles