Re: RFS: Legends: The Game

Tim Hessint wrote:
> Legends is non-free so it's only distributed as a binary package. The
> .deb we created just packages the game data in a .deb format. It was
> created with

it does not make any difference if the stuff in the orig.tar.gz are
binary-only files which are just copied, or, if the files are source
code which need to be compiled: there have to be the package sources
available (orig.tar.gz, diff.gz and dsc file).

> Sorry, I don't understand what this means. This is my first attempt at
> building a .deb.

just to make sure that we are talking about the same things: did you
read the debian new maintainer guide, available at:

http://www.us.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/