Re: Which package from xorg replace xlibs-dev (xfree86)?

Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> writes:

> Hello and Happy new year,
>
> curently I am trying to build several programs made for xfree86 for
> xorg but I have problems to find the right devel package which
> replace xlibs-dev.

If the xlibs split script doesn't help then compile your package on an
idle system on the console (or better in a chroot) and then check the
atime of files and resolve that back to package names.

> Also I have compile time errors like:
>
> ----8<--------------------------------------------------------------
> xbmbrowser.c: In function 'usage':
> xbmbrowser.c:223: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'

That means that you are not including <stdlib.h>. Once you do that the
problem goes away.

> xbmbrowser.c: In function 'main':
> xbmbrowser.c:332: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
> xbmbrowser.c:349: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
> xbmbrowser.c:359: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
>
> images.c: In function 'allocate_widgets':
> images.c:167: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'abort'
> images.c:173: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'abort'

Same include file.

> user_functs.c: In function 'quit_browser':
> user_functs.c:33: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'exit'
>
> It seems there has something changed from xfree86 to xorg.
>
> Note: There is a bunch of programs in xbase-clients which segfaults
>       under Etch (It is not realy funny to work with Etch since I have
>       found 37 crashing programs/packages but build fine without errors)

Then report any missing bugs to the packages.

> Thanks for your Help
>     Michelle Konzack

MfG
        Goswin