Re: Recurring "please do" patterns in debian-mentors

Hi,
* Paul Cager <paul-debian@home.paulcager.org> [2007-01-01 16:13]:
> > Hi,
> > * Mikhail Gusarov <dottedmag@dottedmag.net> [2007-01-01 14:13]:
> >> After watching debian-mentors@ for a some time, I've found two types
> >> of suggestions frequenly advised to the packagers:
> >>
> >> * Removing empty lines from the end of debian/copyright,
> >>   debian/changelog
> >>
> >> * Using two spaces before 'Homepage:' field in package description.
> >>
> >> Do they look like candidates to the lintan tests (level I:, probably)?
> >
> > I guess not since this is not defined in the policy. Maybe
> > if Homepage becomes a real control field.
> > Kind regards
> > Nico
>
> The policy *does* distinguish between lines starting with one space
> (paragraphs with word-wrapping) and lines starting with two or more spaces
> (non-wrapped if panning is possible, otherwise hard-wrapped), so I think
> there is a strong policy basis for the "Homepage" comment.

That was not my point I also know this. But how should
lintian know if the packager wants some field displayed
verbatim if its not a field defined in the policy. Thats why
I think it would be better to have a lintian check on it
when it is.
Kind regards
Nico

--