Re: MIME support in Debian.

Le Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 09:23:01AM +0000, Frank Küster a écrit :
> Isn't the mailcap.order file (or similar, I'm currently condemned to use a
> Windows box) used for that, probably together with update-mime?

After inspecting the file and its manpage, my gut feeling is that it is
not supposed to be modified by Debian packages. Apparently it serves for
system-wide local configuration. However, files in
/usr/lib/mime/packages contain a "priority=n" field, that is not
documented in mailcap(5). (By the way, isn't the location of the files
in /usr/lib against the FHS ?)

I have the strange impression that the system is completely
Debian-specific, or at least, it was created for Debian. Does anybody
know how it works on other distributions ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org