Re: Does anybody else has problems creating a sid cowbuilder ?

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, Charles Plessy wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Wanting to work on the recent gcc-4.3 header FTBFS bugs, I tried to
> install a sid cowbuilder in my home directory with the following
> command:
>
> chouca〔~〕$ sudo cowbuilder --create --basepath cowbuilder.sid
>
> It ends with the following error message:
>
> P: Configuring package gnupg
> P: Configuring package debian-archive-keyring
> P: Configuring package apt
> P: Configuring helper cdebootstrap-helper-apt
> E: Couldn't install system due to errors!
> pbuilder: cdebootstrap failed
>  -> Aborting with an error
> pbuilder create failed

Try using DEBOOTSTRAP=debootstrap in your .pbuilderrc. [Though it
seems to be a bug in cdebootstrap; probably #448210 or similar.]

Don Armstrong

--
Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves
exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves