Re: [Pkg-ime-devel] RFS: scim-kmfl-imengine

Daniel Glassey wrote:
On 07/12/2007, Wen-Yen Chuang <caleb@calno.com> wrote:
Daniel Glassey wrote:
Agreed. btw I sponsored earlier uploads of libkmfl and kmflcomp but
didn't feel competent to review the im-switching etc of
scim-kmfl-imengine.
im-switch can be handled by "scim" package.
All scim-engines will work fine.

scim-engines should not make their own im-switch configurations.

Ubuntu's multiple scim-related im-switch configurations are bad and
confusing.

Please keep Doug cc'd unless he says otherwise. I don't know if he is
subscribed or not. He can explain why kmfl needs particular settings.

Regards,
Daniel
I have taken out the im-switch stuff (at least the preinst prerm) from the scim-kmfl-imengine that I uploaded to mentors.debian.net. SCIM configuration should really be left to the domain of SCIM. However kmfl really does work best with the scim gtk connector for gtk apps. XIM just does not cut it with many apps since it does not support things like getting the current context and deleting text around the cursor.

I am now subscribed to pkg-ime-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org, so there is no need to CC me directly.

Doug.