Re: RFS: timelimit - Simple utility to limit a process's absolute execution time

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 09:09:58PM +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> Dear mentors,

Hi, it's me again :)

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "timelimit".

That part is still true :)  However, after a private e-mail from
a Debian developer, I have released a new upstream version of
the timelimit utility and then uploaded a new Debian package to
mentors.debian.net.

* Package name    : timelimit
  Version         : 1.1-1
  Upstream Author : Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net> (myself)
* URL             : http://devel.ringlet.net/sysutils/timelimit/
* License         : Two-clause BSD
  Section         : utils

> It builds these binary packages:
> timelimit - Simple utility to limit a process's absolute execution time
>
>  The timelimit utility executes a command and terminates the spawned process
>  after a given time with a given signal.  A "warning" signal is sent first,
>  then, after a timeout, a "kill" signal, similar to the way init(8) operates
>  on shutdown.
>
> The package seems to be lintian-, linda-, pbuilder-, and piuparts-clean.
>
> The upload would fix these bugs: 453290

All that is still true.

- dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/timelimit/timelimit_1.1-1.dsc

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@cnsys.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
If I were you, who would be reading this sentence?