su-wrapper in desktop/menu files

Hi,

(please note that I'm not subscribed to debian-mentors, so please keep
me in the CC line)

I'm currently packaging grub-choose-default for debian [1], and I have a
question about the menu/desktop files: what su-wrapper do I have to use
in which file?

It looks like su-to-root is the best way for the menu file, but is that
okay for the .desktop file too? grepping for Exec=su-to-root
in /usr/share/applications on my ubuntu machine had no results. Is it
okay to just use gksu there?

[1]
http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=grub-choose-default

Thanks in advance,