Re: service helper package

This one time, at band camp, Jörg Sommer said:

> Init scripts should not use Bash, they should be Posix Shell scripts!

Not strictly true.  A script written for use with #!/bin/sh should use
the POSIX superset allowed by policy.  A script aimed at bsah should
just declare it's interpreter as #!/bin/bash.  Generally, you don't need
to do that, but you are allowed to.

> > # Check whether we were configured to not start the services.
> > check_for_no_start() {
> >     if [ "$SERVICE_DISABLED" = "yes" ]; then
>
> This is such a broken behavior. Initscripts are enabled and disabled in
> the configuration of the init system.

That's not quite true - many packages in debian use an enable/disable
variable in an /etc/default/package file.