Re: RFS: iceweasel-firegpg (2nd try)

On Nov 24, 2007 9:37 PM, Eriberto <eriberto@eriberto.pro.br> wrote:

> After my little mistake about multiple licenses, I am trying to put my
> package in Debian once more (I need a sponsor).

Please post the URL to the .dsc next time and preferrably use
mentors.debian.net.

A review of your package:

You should put the MPL in debian/copyright, not in a separate file.

Is the "FireGPG Team" a legal entity? Sounds like a made-up name to
me, and therefore may not hold copyright in many parts of the world.

The many layers of zip files in the source package is weird:

orig.tar.gz > firegpg.xpi > chrome/firegpg.jar

Couldn't you just distribute the source code in the orig.tar.gz
instead of a pre-built jar file?

Then you would have something to do in the build target, which is
required according to policy:

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-source.html#s-debianrules

Looks like upstream provides the code in SVN, so that is possible:

http://websvn.tuxfamily.org/listing.php?repname=firegpg/firegpg&path=%2F&sc=0
svn co svn://svn.tuxfamily.org/svnroot/firegpg/firegpg

Since you will be working from SVN, you should create a debian/rules
get-orig-source target that creates a tarball from upstream SVN.

Problematic files in the source package:

orig.tar.gz/firegpg.xpi/chrome/firegpg.jar/content/hstart.exe <--
windows binary, no source code
orig.tar.gz/firegpg.xpi/chrome/firegpg.jar/content/.ssh-agent <--
(minor) looks like an upstream packaging mistake
orig.tar.gz/firegpg.xpi/chrome/firegpg.jar/skin/opt-gmail.png <-- is
this taken from the gmail site and resized?

Lintian info:

I: iceweasel-firegpg source: build-depends-without-arch-dep unzip

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise