Re: RFS: ustr (updated package)

Václav Ovsík wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.0.2-1
> of my package "ustr".

I neither checked your package very carefully, nor am I a DD - but here
are my comments:

- read http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-files.html#s-libraries
again. On the first look it seems the library is not being build with
-fPIC everywhere, also the static library (which is part of the -dev
package) is using -fPIC on some places. You need to clean up after
building the shared lib and build the static one (or the other way round...)

Also the following warning appears pretty often:
ustr-main.h:859: warning: ‘map_big_pow2’ is static but declared in
inline function ‘ustr_xi__pow2’ which is not static
ustr-main.h:860: warning: ‘map_pow2’ is static but declared in inline
function ‘ustr_xi__pow2’ which is not static
ustr-main.h:863: warning: ‘map_big_pow2’ is static but used in inline
function ‘ustr_xi__pow2’ which is not static
ustr-main.h:865: warning: ‘map_pow2’ is static but used in inline
function ‘ustr_xi__pow2’ which is not static

That sounds fixable.

Cheers,

Bernd

--