Re: RFS: blueproximity

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 04:26:57PM +0200, Francesco Namuri wrote:
> Dear mentors,

Hi :)

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "blueproximity".
>
>   Package name    : blueproximity
>   Version         : 1.2-1
>   Upstream Author : Lars Friedrichs <LarsFriedrichs@gmx.de>
>   URL             : http://blueproximity.sourceforge.net/
>   License         : GPL
>   Section         : admin
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> blueproximity - locks/unlocks your desktop tracking a bluetooth device

> The upload would fix these bugs: 446010
>
> I hope to find a sponsor for this application, I think it can be very
> usefull, non only for a security purpose (it's designed to lock and
> unlock your session monitoring the power of a link between two bluetooth
> devices), but it can be configured to execute other commands.
> Unfortunately it's only possible to monitor the power of the signal, and
> not the meters between the computer and the device, but this is a limit
> impossible to solve in a normal house with walls... :)

Sounds like kbluelock or however that toy is called. :)
I want to inform you about one thing... Bluetooth is like Ethernet, you can
change it's Hardware Address as easy as to set the Mac-Address on an
Ethernet-Card. So I wouldn't really rely on it's security... Anyway, it's a
funny toy.

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/b/blueproximity/blueproximity_1.2-1.dsc

I will have a look at it after work... Ok? Wouldn't you like to add it to the
pkg-bluetooth repository?

Regards,

--
  .''`.     Mario Iseli <mario@debian.org>