Re: RFS: prboom (updated package)

Hello there,

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 11:27:59PM +0100, Marco Rodrigues wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 2:2.4.7+dfsg-1
> of my package "prboom".

Hehe, as you add yourself to the list of Uploaders this will be "your"
package soon. :) However, this addition occurs silently, without being
reflected in the changelog, which IMHO shouldn't happen.
I take it that you, being a member of the Games Team and all, have
checked this addition with the rest of the team, but I can't find
anything about this in the listarchives. Hm, the last time prboom was
mentioned was when Jon's packaging on which your packaging appears to
be based was reviewed in August ...

Some further points:

- why 2:2.4.7*+dfsg*-1 when the orig.tar.gz is identical content-wise to
  upstream's tarball? It appears the new fix_upstream.sh wasn't run /
  didn't work as intended.
- do you know why upstream went back to older autotools and put outdated
  config.{guess,sub} in the tarball? Just wondering...
- part of the fix for bug#404826 was to use the configure option
  --disable-dogs, but this option has been stripped upstream from 2.4.7.
  Won't this re-open the bug now?
- fix_upstream.sh references base.png, but there's only a base.sng.
- why bumping the B-D versions on the libsdl packages (and libsmpeg,
  fwiw, even though it's not documented in the changelog)? At a first
  glance I couldn't see any code changes that demand such a bump. It
  seems you just entered the versions as present in Etch...?
- falling back from Standards-Version 3.7.2.1 to 3.7.2 isn't documented
  either.

First tests didn't show any showstoppers regarding functionality.

Well, I'm interested in sponsoring this, but I'm afraid there are too
many open questions at the moment. Please comment on them so I get the
picture.

Cheers,
Flo