Re: RFS: daloRADIUS - Advanced RADIUS Web Management Application

Hey guys,

On 9/25/07, Kumar Appaiah <akumar@ee.iitm.ac.in> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 10:47:19AM +0200, liran tal wrote:
I'm asking because I think
> that having the orig.tar.gz makes dpkg-source think that it's
> suppose to copy it over to the daloradius-0.9.3 /debian dir but I'm
> not entirely sure.

Actually, the recommended way to "copy" files from your upstream
source location to the debian/<package> directory would be to use
dh_install. Even better than calling dh_install directly from rules
would be to use an "install" file in the debian/ directory which has
things of the form

<upstream file/directory>       <destination>

I still need help with the "source" package issue, to resolve this problem of a native package.
(As I understand that this is indeed a problem)...

I have done what Kumar proposed - I've put an install file - daloradius-0.9.3/debian/install
which contains: usr usr/
(the contents of the package to be copied is in daloradius-0.9.3/usr)

I have also used the original tarball package and renamed it to daloradius_0.9.3.orig.tar.gz
and put it outside the daloradius-0.9.3/ directory, then while running dpkg-buildpakage inside daloradius-0.9.3 /
I am receiving the following output:

dpkg-buildpackage: source package is daloradius
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 0.9.3
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Liran Tal < liran@enginx.com>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture i386
 fakeroot debian/rules clean
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
rm -f build-stamp configure-stamp
# Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
# -/usr/bin/make clean
dh_clean
 dpkg-source -b daloradius-0.9.3
dpkg-source: building daloradius using existing daloradius_0.9.3.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: building daloradius in daloradius_0.9.3.diff.gz
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to usr/share/daloradius/images/daloradius_logo.jpg: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to usr/share/daloradius/images/sidebarh2.jpg: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to usr/share/daloradius/images/nav.jpg: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to usr/share/daloradius/images/daloradius_small.jpg: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to usr/share/daloradius/images/sidebarright.jpg: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to usr/share/daloradius/images/content.jpg: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to usr/share/daloradius/images/innerwrapper.jpg: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to usr/share/daloradius/images/body.jpg: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to usr/share/daloradius/library/libchart/images/PoweredBy.png: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to usr/share/daloradius/library/libchart/fonts/DejaVuSansCondensed- Bold.ttf: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to usr/share/daloradius/library/libchart/fonts/DejaVuSansCondensed.ttf: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: warning: file usr/share/daloradius/library/libchart/classes/LineChart.php has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file usr/share/daloradius/library/libchart/classes/Point.php has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file usr/share/daloradius/library/libchart/classes/VerticalChart.php has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file usr/share/daloradius/library/libchart/classes/Color.php has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file usr/share/daloradius/library/libchart/classes/Chart.php has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file usr/share/daloradius/library/libchart/classes/Axis.php has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file usr/share/daloradius/library/libchart/classes/Text.php has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file usr/share/daloradius/library/libchart/classes/BarChart.php has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file usr/share/daloradius/library/libchart/classes/Primitive.php has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file usr/share/daloradius/library/_javascript_/productive_funcs.js has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: cannot represent change to usr/share/daloradius/library/js_date/calendar.gif: binary file contents changed
dpkg-source: warning: file usr/share/daloradius/library/googlemaps.php has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file usr/share/daloradius/FAQS has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file usr/share/daloradius/menu-mng-rad-groupcheck.php has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file usr/share/daloradius/menu-mng-rad-groupreply.php has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file usr/share/daloradius/menu-mng-rad-nas.php has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: file usr/share/daloradius/menu-mng-rad-usergroup.php has no final newline (either original or modified version)
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory contrib
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of directory contrib/db
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file contrib/db/pgsql-daloradius-sample-data.sql
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file contrib/db/mysql-migrate-0.92-to-0.93.sql
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file contrib/db/mysql-daloradius.sql
dpkg-source: warning: ignoring deletion of file contrib/db/mysql- migrate-0.92-to-0.93.sql2

dpkg-source: building daloradius in daloradius_0.9.3.dsc
dpkg-source: unrepresentable changes to source

Which I'm assuming is not a well-done job.
Could someone aid me in completing this package build?

I have put the package file as they are with the .orig and everything I'm using to build
the debian package at: http://daloradius.sourceforge.net/packages/deb/

Thanks,
Liran.