Re: How package a binary library with unversioned soname?

Nikolaus Schulz <microschulz@web.de> writes:

> So, one cannot produce valid shlibs files for these libraries.  But
> these are required by policy.  That is, as Steve Langasek has
> pointed out in [2], the policy de-facto requires libraries to have
> versioned sonames.

The Debian policy only applies to packages in Debian. The software
you're discussing won't be in Debian (because it's non-free), and is
not subject to Debian policy.

--
 \         "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" "I think so, |
  `\    Brain, but if the plural of mouse is mice, wouldn't the plural |