Re: UNable to configure my package

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 02:38:27 -0700 (PDT)
varun_shrivastava <varun.celunite@gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks for the reply
> i want to add some information that i m using a cross compilation tool
> "scratchbox"
> All the source code i have installed in scratchbox is using make install
> (not from the deb packages)
> So if i want to convert an application to deb package, first i need to
> convert all other source code  (becoz i have made changes to them according
> to my requirement) that i have installed using make install, otherwise i
> wouldn't be able to make a deb package.
>
> thanks and regards
> varun

As mentioned in my other reply to the debian-dpkg thread, if you want
help cross-building, please mention this in your very first email and
migrate to debian-embedded.

There is no point continuing a cross-building thread on debian-mentors
at this time. All the cross-building people are concentrated on the
debian-embedded or debian-arm mailing lists.

debian-mentors is for people learning packaging with an aim of
uploading the package to Debian and Debian does not currently accept
any cross-built packages. If you had mentioned cross-building in your
first email, you would not have been recommended to use the
debian-mentors mailing list.

--

Neil Williams