Re: debian/watch, sf.net and -dev versions

Daniel Leidert schrieb:
> Well, you removed the second proposal from my answer, which exactly
> handles this case (I e.g. have a similar problem for gchempaint and
> gnome-chemistry-utils, see the debichem SVN). So I'm wondering, why you
> didn't give it a try?

Well, probably because it is _not_ handling the case. It is eventually a
temporary hack to get it running for the moment, but not a solution.
Because upstream is not making a difference between odd and even version
numbers by intension. Its just coincidence that it happens like that. I
don't like to build a debian/watch file on coincidence, cause thats
likely to break in the future (as early as 1.1.x is released as the next
stable release).

So i cannot take this package names of sourceforge into account, but
need to base something on the versioning scheme?

Regards,

Patrick