Re: RFS: ario

Michal Čihař wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:22:03 +0200
> "Marc Pavot" <marc.pavot@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > - consider using system libmpd instead of bundled src/libmpdclient.[ch]
>> libmp is different from libmpdclient. libmpd is a higler level library
>> based on libmpdclient but Ario doesn't use libmpd.
>
> It provides libmpdclient.h and there are no problems to make code use
> it. I did such switch in mpdscribble, but it's your choice whether to
> use it.

I can't seem to find it right now, but somewhere it is written that binary
packages should not link with package provided libraries, but use the
system one. This is done because then it is easier to correct bugs related
to the original library (no need to search for packages that link with
hidden copies).

--

  Felipe Sateler