Re: packaging sqliteman

Hi David,

> I picked sqliteman purely because I needed/wanted a GUI frontend (there
> isn't a similar program already in Debian AFAICT) and this was one of
> only a handful I was able to find on Google...
>
> I would still like to see such an application in Debian, as well as
> finding a usable program for my own use, of course :-)

I actually had the same kind of discussion with Laszlo Boszormenyi
regarding sqlitebrowser[1], which is another Qt-based SQLite GUI
frontend. I'm not sure sqlitebrowser is more advanced or mature than
sqliteman (it is definitely not bug-free), but still I found it
useable over the last few months and I packaged it because I thought
it was a good idea to provide an SQLite GUI frontend in Debian. It
entered the archive yesterday ; maybe you should give it a try. I
would definitely appreciate any feedback you'd have on sqlitebrowser
as compared to sqliteman.

Also, Laszlo told me of an SQLite backend plugin for Gnome Data
Access[2]. I haven't tried it yet, but this might also be somthing to
look at.

Anyway, I'll definitely take a look at sqliteman (and of course let
you know of any feedback/comment I have on the package). Thanks for
your work on that!

Cheers,
   François

[1] http://packages.debian.org/sid/sqlitebrowser