Re: RFS: xpn

Am Montag, den 03.09.2007, 20:59 +0200 schrieb Michael Krauss:
> Am Mon, 03 Sep 2007 17:39:54 +0200 schrieb Daniel Leidert:
> > Am Montag, den 03.09.2007, 14:50 +0200 schrieb Norbert Preining:

[..]
> > > I guess it shouldn't be a problem to "start" real Debian life with a
> > > revision higher than -1, but you have to take care that the .changes
> > > file contains a reference to the .orig.tar.gz so that it is
> > > uploaded, otherwise it will be missing.
> > >
> > > But I never tried it.
> >
> > I used to do this for several packages I provided via my personal page
> > before they were added to the Debian distribution. We (my sponsor and
> > me) never had problems with this. In the OPs case, I would suggest to
> > use the
>
> This issue seems to be seen controversial. I had chosen the normal
> revisions because of this page, linked from the "Instructions for
> Maintainers" page:
> http://people.debian.org/~codehelp/#sponsor
> in particular the second item in the requirements section.

This sounds like the common way and it is similar to what I suggested.

> > - -v option for a .changes file over -1 to -3|uploaded revision
>
> How should i use this option exactly?
> In the newest .changes file only the last log entry is included by
> default. Using -v1 includes the complete changelog into the .changes
> file. That is strange, because the man page says:
> "Use changelog information from all versions *strictly* later than
> version."

Yes, it says "version", not "Debian revision". The options expects the
full version, including the upstream version and the Debian revision.
Say you have

1.2.3-0mk1 private
1.2.3-1 released to mentors
1.2.3-2 released to mentors