Re: review: qstardict

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 21:55:07 +0400
Alexander Rodin <rodin.alexander@gmail.com> wrote:

> > You're the upstream author; why don't you include the manpage upstream
> > instead of in the .diff.gz?  I realize that manpages for graphical
> > programs are difficult to write well.  Does your program accept
> > keystrokes?  Does it have any other help file?
> I don't include manpage into program sources because it doesn't accept
> any command line options.

? What has that got to do with anything ?

A manpage tells a user what a program does without having to run the
program - e.g. when interrogating a system over SSH or if X has just
died for whatever reason.

There is a reason why manpages are necessary for executables and it has
nothing to do with what any one particular executable can or cannot
actually do. It is about providing information on what the user can do
when faced with problems or when the user just needs information
without a GUI.

--

Neil Williams