Re: RFS: normalize-audio (updated package)

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 12:32:38PM +0530, Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote......

> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.7.7-2
> > of my package "normalize-audio".
>
> I haven't checked this in detail but a quick look shows additional
> build-dependencies:
> 	Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5), dpatch, autotools-dev,
> 	  libaudiofile-dev, libmad0-dev, mpg321, vorbis-tools, flac
>
> as compared with:
> 	Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 5), autotools-dev,
> 	  libaudiofile-dev, libmad0-dev, vorbis-tools

I think you do need dpatch though ...

Separately, in the control file, is it still necessary to keep:

    Replaces: normalize
    Conflicts: normalize

since normalize was removed from unstable back in Jan. 2005? I guess
it is possible that a system was built back in 2004, or off of an
old install disk, and that that system had normalize installed and
is still using it. Just wondering how long it makes sense to keep
Conflicts/Replaces statements for packages no longer in the
archives....

Regards,
Kevin

--