Re: one-liner to install building software

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:13:37 +0200
"Mihamina (R12y) Rakotomandimby" <mihamina.rakotomandimby@etu.univ-orleans.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have to setup a new packager box.
> I would like to install in one "apt-get install" line all the possibly needed
> things.
> Ine the debian new maintainer guide
> (http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-start.en.html#s-needprogs) is a
> kind of list of these software.

A lot of the packages mentioned there are dependencies of other
packages listed. 'build-essential' will get some, but I'm sure you can
work out a small list in a few minutes with apt-cache.

> Would you know where could I find a "direct" list of those?
> I know I am too lazzy, I could copy/paste them one by one.

New maintainers are expected to do some work. Learning your way around
apt-cache is one of the basics and there is no point providing a
shortcut for it.

--

Neil Williams