Duplicate file names? (was Re: RFS: ifstat (updated package))

On Aug 14, 2007, at 9:31 AM, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.1-7
of my package "ifstat".

Would I be correct in thinking that it is a bug for files of the same name to come from different packages? I ask because there is another "ifstat" file in Debian; it's from the ifcico package & gets installed in a different directory. There is also an issue with the man page; I was thinking of doing a man page for the ifcico ifstat program (there doesn't seem to be one) but the other ifstat does install one...

Robert James Clay
jame@rocasa.org