Re: Man pages and UTF-8

David Given <dg@cowlark.com> writes:

> Unfortunately, it would appear that using kanji characters in a man
> page is non-trivial as the encoding for English man pages seems to
> default to ISO-8859-1.

That sounds like a bug. I was under the impression that the default
encoding of everything in lenny was supposed to be UTF-8.

What tool is it that has this different default encoding?

--
 \      "I like to fill my bathtub up with water, then turn the shower |
  `\       on and pretend I'm in a submarine that's been hit." —Steven |