[help] Merging tag and trunk in a SVN repository.

Dear Mentors,

I was preparing a new version of the package emboss when came an
upstream fix that I wished to include in the current version in Debian.

I tried to do all whithin the SVN repository holding the debian
directory, but now it is a mess:

 - I reverted to the last revision which was workable;
 - I added upstream's patch;
 - I svn-buildpackage --svn-ignore --svn-tag'ed it;
 - I realised that --svn-ignore was not what I wanted, and then copied
   the changed files to the ../tags/<numversion> directory and commited
   it.
 - Then I ran svn-buildpackage in tags/<numversion> to prepare the
   source package to upload.

But now I do not know how to merge this into the last work-in-progress
revision... I would need to merge the tags/<numversion> and the trunk,
but:

sorbet【emboss】$ LANG=C svn merge tags/5.0.0-2/ trunk/
svn: A working copy merge source needs an explicit revision

It seems that the puropose of svn merge is to work within revisions, not
between tags and trunks.

Could somebody point me the right tool for this ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Wako, Saitama, Japan