Re: missing file in php-net-ipv4 in official package

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 11:04:54AM +0300, Thierry Randrianiriana wrote:

> I'm the maintainer of php-net-ipv4, normally the package provides a
> file IPv4.php
> in /usr/share/php/Net/ . This file is correctly installed with the
> package built on my pc :
> ~$ ls -l /usr/share/php/Net/
> total 64
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 14168 2007-06-12 16:34 IPv4.php
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 29099 2005-08-03 08:27 SMTP.php
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15357 2005-08-03 08:27 Socket.php

> But with the package built on debian servers:

The package that's in the Debian archive was not built on a Debian server,
it was built wherever your sponsor built it.

Because it's an arch: all package, this package would not have been built on
any Debian buildds, which also means we have no build logs for it to show
what went wrong.

At a minimum, I would suggest updating your package so that the build rules
notice, and treat it as a fatal error, if key files go missing.  That won't
directly answer the question of why the package in the archive is wrong, but
it will make the task of tracking down the bug in your sponsor's devel
environment a bit easier.

Cheers,