btrfs packaging

retitle 432697 RFP: btrfs -- Checksumming Copy on Write Filesystem
tags 432697 -pending
thanks

Hi all,

Some of you may be aware that I created Debian packages for btrfs (the new
filesystem created by folks at Oracle).  I have, however, come to the
conclusion that I need to reduce the time spent in front of computers
outside of business hours for a time, so I decided not to upload the
packages (actually: decided to have Ganneff reject them, they already were
uploaded, but not yet out of the NEW queue.)

Anyway: if anybody feels inclined to take over, the packages are at
<http://fortytwo.ch/debian/btrfs/>.  I will losely follow btrfs
development, and if you're not yet a Debian developer but have passed T&S /
P&P, I might agree to sponsor the packages.

A big thank you for the comments I got from you (Kel & Daniel).  For whoever
might pick up the pieces:
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2007/07/msg00180.html> contains
these comments.  Pending: rename the btrfs-modules-source package to
btrfs-modules (I've already uploaded to NEW at that point and decided not
to bother.)

Greetings & Thanks for all the Fish
-- vbi

--