Re: dpkg-buildpackage and fakeroot

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:46:13 -0700, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> said:

> 'fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage' runs the build target under fakeroot,
> which is undesirable primarily because Debian 'build' targets are
> required to not depend on root privileges, and running them under
> fakeroot can hide bugs of this nature.

        I also vaguely recall some actions which work as an ordinary
 user but fail under fakeroot; due to a difference in behaviour.  I no
 longer can recall the details, though, so I could be mistaken.

        manoj
--
The rate at which a disease spreads through a corn field is a precise
measurement of the speed of blight.