Re: LiDIA: How to split up a library?

Hi,

> I want to package LiDIA, a very featureful C++ library for
> computational number theory that at one time had the best algorithms
> for elliptic curve cryptography available anywhere:
>
>     http://www.cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/TI/LiDIA/
>
> I know that as a packaging newbie I'm discouraged from attempting this
> on my own, but I'm stubborn and want to try anyways. :-) Btw, the
> copyright holders of LiDIA have agreed to release it under the GPL.
> The statement is found in LiDIA's mailing list archives, so don't fret
> if you don't see this statement in LiDIA's webpage.

as I'm studying computer science at the TU Darmstadt I'd probably be a
good candidate to help you with maintaining this package, as I know
where upstream works ;) But before I have the time to work on other huge
packages I first need to get the zenoss package done and then package
radiance, because both should be go in production at work (same
university, just a different department).
So a good place for the library and hopefully a team which could help
you would be the the Debian science team [1], probably you could get in
contact with them on irc or on the mailing list. As the cdc guys usually
know what they are doing I'm sure thatlidia would be really an
enhancement for Debian.

Best regards,

Bernd

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianScience