Re: RFS: secpanel (updated package)

On Saturday 07 July 2007 14:52, Paul Wise wrote:
> On 7/4/07, Bruno Costacurta <bruno@costacurta.org> wrote:
> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/secpanel/secpanel_0.5.2-1.di
> >ff.gz
>
> No time for sponsoring, some comments:
>
> Why the changes from /bin/sh to /usr/bin/wish? The wish manpage says
> using what upstream has is better.
To avoid lintian error 'shell-script-fails-syntax-check' as 'sh -N' complains
(logically about unrecognized syntax from wish.

> Might want to send the /usr/lib -> /usr/share change upstream
>
> debian/*.debhelper should not be in the diff.gz at all, make sure you
> built your package correctly
>
> Any reason for using debhelper 4 instead of 5?
I used dpkg-buildpackage to build package secpanel 0.5.2-1
Should I avoid dpkg-xxx and prefer debhelper tools ?

> your debian/changelog is corrupted, perhaps you accidentally pasted
> some part of the upstream changelog into it?
Indeed. I corrected format to respect changelog format.

> Have you sent the manual page upstream?
Sorry. What do you mean ?

> You have no '  Homepage: <url>' in the package description
Is this mandatory ?

> --
> bye,
> pabs