Re: ITA or ITP, for former Debian packages?

Thijs,

On May 24, 11:30 am, Thijs Kinkhorst <t...@debian.org> wrote:
> It makes sense to base your work on the previous package anyway, since that
> might have solved some issues that you didn't think of yet, and it would be a
> pity if those resurfaced.

     That's what I started with for the package i've started work on;
a debian source archive of the last version that had been in the
Debian archive.   I now have access to the authors CVS repository, &
imported the debian/ directory the old version to a branh he had open
& was doing some work in.   From there;   was able to get the package
working, in the sense that the package buildt & the programs operated
the way they're supposed to, but the installation still didn't work
properly (missing or incorrectly named directories, for
instance) .     So I decided to redo the package using debhelper, &
generally bring the packageing itself current (rather than just the
programs).    (I'd need to start doing that anyway, as I had been
doing the testing on a sarge install & etch has since come out...)

> Good luck!

   Thanks!

Jame
jame@rocasa.org