Re: RFS: newlisp

On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 20:22 +0400, Dmitry Chernyak wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "newlisp".

A few things:

 * debian/compat gives the compatibility level of 4. The most recent
   level is 5 -- you should update your package. The debian-policy
   package will contain information on how to do this easily.

 * Your build-dependencies are not correct. Use pbuilder[0] to make sure
   you don't miss any required packages out!

 * I don't think you need the debian/dirs file, as everything will be
   installed into the right place. IIRC, debian/dirs is only for
   directories that need to be created, but not filled with anything.

 * I see there's some HTML documentation -- perhaps you should use a
   newlisp.doc-base file[0].

 * Although the watch file looks nice, uscan reports that there is a
   newer upstream version -- just letting you know if you didn't
   realise!

These are just a few things I found now. Of course, the Build
dependencies problem is quite a major one at the moment!

Regards,

[0] http://packages.debian.org/pbuilder
[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-dother.en.html#s-doc-base

--