Re: RFS: smc

* Muammar Wadih El Khatib Rodriguez <muammarelkhatib@gmail.com> [2007-04-30 23:29:33 -0400]:

> Dear Oleksandr,
>
> On 4/30/07, Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> >It happens when another application is using the audio device e.g. amarok.
> >
> >If no other app is playing sounds then smc runs with sound all while
> >giving a
> >warning "open /dev/sequencer: No such device". It is an upstream problem,
> >though, so you shouldn't worry about it much at this time.
>
> Ok, I understand. I will notify that to the upstream author.
>

> >So, where is the updated package if you've done all the requested changes?
> >

> Here you can find the new smc revision :-)

> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/smc/smc_0.99.6-1.dsc
>
> Regards,
> --
> Muammar El Khatib.

The updated files weren't there when I looked for them after receiving you
message that said changes were made.

Anyhow, I uploaded you package. Good work. In the meanwhile please look into
the font handling by this application. When I build the package I get a
warning that some of the fonts are duplicates of the DejaVu fonts form the
ttf-dejavu package. One way to handle this would be to remove the duplicate
fonts, add a dependency on the ttf-dejavu and put in place symlinks to the
real font locations.

Now running linda...
W: smc; The font smc-0.99.6/data/gui/font/default.ttf in package ttf-dejavu is considered to be a duplicate.
W: smc; The font smc-0.99.6/data/gui/font/default_bold.ttf in package ttf-dejavu is considered to be a duplicate.
W: smc-data; The font /usr/share/games/smc/gui/font/default.ttf in package ttf-dejavu is considered to be a duplicate.
W: smc-data; The font /usr/share/games/smc/gui/font/default_bold.ttf in package ttf-dejavu is considered to be a duplicate.

Regards,

Alex.