Re: packages newer in Ubuntu than in Debian

On Tuesday 01 May 2007 03:21, Bart Martens wrote:
> However, some packages have no working debian/watch file, and then it is
> not always easily seen whether there are newer upstream releases
> available for these packages.  I suggest to add/update debian/watch with
> your next updates of your packages.  Non-DD's are welcome to ask help
> for that on debian-mentors@lists.debian.org .  Hint: test the
> debian/watch file with "uscan --report-status".

I was wondering if there is a way to make uscan disregard what seem like newer
versions, but are beta. The following illustrates the problem.

wt@pyrus:~/src/netcdf/netcdf-3.6.2$ uscan --report-status
Processing watchfile line for package netcdf...
Newest version on remote site is 4.0-beta1, local version is 3.6.2
netcdf: Newer version (4.0-beta1) available on remote site:
  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-4.0-beta1.tar.gz
  (local version is 3.6.2)
wt@pyrus:~/src/netcdf/netcdf-3.6.2$

My watch file looks like:
# See uscan(1) for format

# Compulsory line, this is a version 3 file
version=3

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-([[:digit:]].*)\.tar\.gz debian
uupdate

I would like it not to report 4.0-beta1 as a newer version, if possible. Does
anyone have any suggestions?

wt
--
Warren Turkal, Research Associate III/Systems Administrator
Colorado State University, Dept. of Atmospheric Science