Re: Adding quilt to the new maintainer guide.

Hi,
* Charles Plessy <charles-debian-nospam@plessy.org> [2007-04-14 14:21]:
> Le Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 08:42:45AM +0200, Andreas Barth a écrit :
>
> > > Hi, this sounds very interesing, what does w&p stand for? Where can we
> > > find more information? When it is scheduled to be adopted?
> >
> > wig&pen, that's the new dpkg source format. It already works for
> > dpkg-source -x, but the archive doesn't accept it currently (and
> > dpkg-source cannot generate it).
>
> Does it mean that in order to enable or disable a patch the source
> package must be rebuilt ? Or maybe I did not understand how it
> works. Where is it described ?

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/06/msg00010.html
Yes, from what I understand the patches are in a seperate
tarball (debian) and will be applied after unpacking the
sources.
Kind regards
Nico
--