Re: RFS: newlisp
* Dmitry Chernyak <firstname.lastname@example.org> [070406 07:06]:
> newLISP community is looking for a sponsor for package "newlisp".
> I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
Some problems (haven't looked deeper yet):
- debian/copyright is incomplete.
- it misses the license for the documentation.
(The status of the manpages might be a bit problemematic, as
they could be documentation and thus according to README would be
GNU FDL, but they include no copy of the license).
("F"DL is a ugly license anyway, please ask upstream to at least
dual-license GPL/GFDL it, then everything should be fine)
- it misses at least that some code has different authors and licenses
(at least README lists quite a few, haven't looked at the other sources
- does not honor DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=noopt
- Some minus signs are not escaped in the manpage
(run with lintian -I to catch those)
- no debian/menu file (both newlisp and newlisp-tk should be in there)
- newlist-tk should not call mozilla but sensible-browser
(so that users can specify BROWSER environment variable,
and otherwise the x-www-browser alternative is used).
- http://newlisp.org from debian/copyright is no URL without a / at the
end. Putting the website where the link for the .tar.gz is would also
be nice, otherwise:
- a debian/watch would be nice (makes it also more easy to download the
original source to compare it)
- debian/rules is a bit messy, with all the "add here" comments and so
Bernhard R. Link