Re: Delaying a fix

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:15:31 +0100
Bas Wijnen <wijnen@debian.org> wrote:

> The reason I want to mark this in a computer-readable way (as opposed
> to a textual message to the report), is that that would allow
> programs to present lists of "fixable" bugs in a better way.
> Whenever I see lists of bugs (usually RC), they are way too long, and
> contain lots of things I can't help with anyway (and in some cases,
> nobody can).  Some facilities to get shorter lists with only relevant
> bugs would be nice.  Of course I could also wait with tagging these
> things until the programs for producing the shorter lists actually
> exist. :-)

http://bts.turmzimmer.net/details.php
Unofficial RC-Bugs Count

"We only count RC-bugs in Sid that are neither tagged etch-ignore nor
fixed, and only of packages that are also in Etch. Also, only packages
in main, contrib and non-free are shown, but not non-us nor
pseudo-packages."

There are filters available too. e.g. to see RC bugs that are holding
back Etch AND which do not currently have a fix in unstable that is
waiting to migrate into testing, select "show bugs by distribution:
both". You can also ignore bugs invalidated by todays britney and bugs
somehow other marked as fixed, as well as ignoring pending, contrib and
non-free. Selecting all those brings the RC count within those filters
down to 20. You can then target your efforts on these bugs. You could
also ignore new bugs (the package maintainer should get first go at
new RC bugs). Of those 20, 10 RC bugs are older than 7 days - of those
5 already have a possible patch, all that is needed is for someone to
be able to test the patch and report if it fails or create an NMU if
it works.

--

Neil Williams