Re: RFS:libqt-perl 3008-3: Perl Binding for the Qt library

Deepak Kumar Tripathi dijo [Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 06:50:36PM +0530]:

>  Hello,
>
>  I'm looking a sponsor for update a new version of libqt-perl
>
> Package Name: libqt-perl
> Short description: Perl bindings for the Qt library

Hi,

Looking at your packaging - specifically, at debian/changelog:

- debian/changelog is not in a valid format. Try to use tools that
  automate its maintenance, such as dch
- You are adopting the package - Why don't you state so in the
  changelog?
- If you are adopting it, it's no longer a non-maintainer upload :)
- When tagging a bug as closed from the changelog, remember it's
  automatically scanned. Your entry should read something like:
  * Adopted package (Closes: #379681)

Now, the package has _quite_ a bit of patches to the upstream
code. Are you sure it's all needed? With this amount of patching,
would you consider assembling them under a dpatch or quilt system?

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23