Re: RFS: gpodder

On Wednesday 07 March 2007 00:24:27 Thomas Perl wrote:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "gpodder".
>
> gPodder is a podcast receiver/catcher. You can subscribe to RSS
> feeds (Podcasts) and download audio/video content from different
> channels. You can then playback content on your desktop or
> synchronize to your iPod or portable MP3 player. Simultaneous
> downloads and automatic downloads of new episodes are also supported.
>
> * Package name    : gpodder
>   Version         : 0.9.0-2
>   Upstream Author : Thomas Perl <thp@perli.net>
> * URL             : http://gpodder.berlios.de/
> * License         : GPL
>   Section         : x11
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> gpodder    - A GTK+ Media aggregator and Podcast catcher
>
> The package is lintian clean.

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gpodder/gpodder_0.9.0-2.dsc

> Kind regards
>  Thomas Perl

Hello Thomas,

I have had a quick look this morning (I can have a proper check on the package
tonight).

I did notice an error in the control file as lintian points out:

lintian -iI ../gpodder_0.9.0-2_i386.changes
I: gpodder source: build-depends-without-arch-dep python-dev
N:
N:   The control file lists the given package in Build-Depends, but no
N:   architecture-dependent packages are built. If all the packages built
N:   are architecture-independent, the only packages that should be listed
N:   in Build-Depends are those required to run the clean target (such as
N:   debhelper if you use dh_clean). Other build dependencies should be
N:   listed in Build-Depends-Indep instead.
N:
N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 7.6 for details.
N:
I: gpodder source: build-depends-without-arch-dep python-support
I: gpodder source: build-depends-without-arch-dep help2man
I: gpodder source: build-depends-without-arch-dep intltool

I will let you know of anything else when I give the package a full check.

--
David Watson - Debian GNU/Linux Developer
david@planetwatson.co.uk, dwatson@debian.org

Jabber: dwatson@planetwatson.co.uk
Web: http://planetwatson.co.uk/blog