Re: RFS: docbook-xsl 1.72.0.dfsg.1-1 and docbook2x 0.8.7-1

Am Dienstag, den 27.02.2007, 23:27 +0900 schrieb Charles Plessy:
> Le Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 02:01:52PM +0100, Daniel Leidert a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > My regular sponsor seems to be in vacation, so I ask for someone else,
> > who uploads the following packages to Debian (experimental):
> >
> > docbook-xsl 1.72.0.dfsg.1-1
> > http://debian.wgdd.de/debian/incoming/packages/docbook-xsl_1.72.0.dfsg.1-1_i386.changes
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> One of the many things which distinguishes Debian compared to other
> projects is that we write manpages when the upstream package does not
> contain some.
>
> I never was brave enough to monitor the dockbook-xsl package to see if
> there are important changes relevant to the manpages I wrote in
> dockbook.
>
> Do you think that you could write a "For those who care about manpages"
> mail from time to time ?

There is an example in /usr/share/doc/docbook-xsl/examples/ based on the
large example of the Man-page howto and extended to show some more
features, docbook and docbook-xsl provide. I normally update this
example if there are really interesting changes (I normally follow
upstream changes). ATM these changes are only mentioned in the Debian
changelog (Bug #310895 and #386580 are fixed). I will update the example
for the next package version (for the moment it will wait in NEW,
because I split the documentation). Where would you expect a
mail-version?

BTW: There are also open bug-reports for dh-make to update the manpage
template for dh-make
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=383495).

If you want to see some large examples, you can check aptitude or my own
fglrx man-pages (there I make heavy use of the possibilities, docbook
and docbook-xsl provide). IMO I included almost everything I used in
these man-pages also in the example.

But as I said: If the example misses something or if you want to see
something special there, just drop me a hint.

Regards, Daniel