Re: RFS: pict

Hi, sorry but no, i'm not DD yet. So i guess, I need to wait for bug
reports after the upload of the packages in debian repositories,
thanks.

On 2/22/07, Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 06:45:55PM +0100, Matej Kosik wrote:

> Is there a way how could I try to compile this package for all
> architectures and see if everything works? I must admit, I am working on

Sort of, if you are a debian developer. There are debian
machines for all supported architectures where dds can login,
but this would mean of course compiling and testing "by hand".

One could use the the autobuilder network, maybe at first for
the "experimental" architecture if one has serious doubts that
everythings works on every architecture.

> i386-compatible and the binaries I have created are also for this
> architecture. I think it would be too bold to say `any' if I have
> actually only tried `i386'. How do others try their packages on "other
> architectures" that whose instances they physically own?

It depends on the case. In many cases you can reasonably expect that if
your package compiles and runs on one architecture then it is the
same on the other architectures. In other cases you can expect right
from the beginning difficulties. You as a package maintainer should
have some idea about this, if necessary by looking at critical
portions of the code, or sometimes from the compiling instructions
given by upstream.

I guess that many developers just upload and then wait for bug
reports, or look at the buildd logs. But it is of course much
better to think of it in avance.

-Ralf.